- Support for the Problem Gambler, whose aim is to stop gambling completely.
- Support for the Problem Gambler whose aim is to control and better manage their gambling behaviour.
- Support for anyone affected by gambling behaviour (family member, friend, colleague).
- Limited support to couples after they have completed treatment -to help them integrate learning gained through treatment.
- Weekly drop-in online support group (WINGS) for women gamblers and for women affected by someone’s gambling.
- Aftercare groups (Green shoots) to those who have successfully stopped gambling and require extra supported learning following treatment.
Once you contact us, we will work quickly by getting you assessed as soon as possible so we can understand the extent of your gambling. Following the completion of a successful assessment, you will be contacted by your counsellor usually within a few days. We are dedicated to working quickly to make sure you receive the support you need without delay.
You will be offered 50-minute sessions with one of our counsellors which are usually booked weekly. The sessions can either be face to face in person, remote ‘on video call’, or they can be via the telephone. The number of sessions you require will be discussed at the start treatment and reviewed throughout your journey with Breakeven.
On ending treatment, you will be asked if you would like to be contacted at 3, 6, 12-month intervals to check how you are doing. Should you want or need to return, you will be given the opportunity to do so.
You will work with the counsellor to discover the best way to address your problem gambling and destructive behaviours. By using an Integrative approach of evidence-based models of therapy we will discover which approach best suits your style of learning these include,
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT)
- Person Centred Therapy (PCA)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Transactional Analysis (TA)
We work with anyone over the age of 16 years and can offer foreign language counselling in Polish and Greek.
All our counsellors have received specialised training to work with Gambling addiction. They are committed to ongoing training and development, continually researching and learning new ways to work with our clients to ensure the best outcome for everyone.