In the last 12 months have you?
Alongside reaching out to one of our team for specialist support, there are also lots of practical tools and resources that you may want to consider when looking at reducing gambling related harm.
Gambling can have a significant impact on your finances. Gamcare has put together a comprehensive guide of the tools that you can use to help with this which includes
- Managing your finances
- Budgeting and priority bills
- Access to cash and credit
- Talking to your bank
- Protecting your money if you’re linked to a gambler financially
- Getting help with debt
- Block your Bank card
To find out more information please click here.
PayPlan & Breakeven – working together to help you
PayPlan have been offering free debt advice for 30 years and currently help over 100,000 people every year to get their finances under control. Your Breakeven counsellor can help you access their advice and support with your debts and can even support you in completing a referral form if you need it.
What PayPlan can help you with
- If you have debts, and are worried about keeping up with your payments, they can help you to get them under control
- Advise you on the range of options available to you
- They can help with advice on bailiffs, legal action, benefits and more
- Their expert advice is completely FREE and confidential
There are various blocking software available which can be installed onto your device so that you will be unable to access gambling websites. Some of these will be available for free, some might ask you to pay a fee.
Self-exclusion will usually last between six months and 5 years and If you feel that it can help you in your journey there are lots of options that are available to you. For more information on self-exclusion please click here.